Sunday, October 10, 2010

Roof Work













I came home from work on Friday to find the lovely view of a bunch of shingles blown and pulled up from the roof hanging there like a... well, hangnail... at the very top of the roof, of course. Getting over my very real fear of heights, not wanting to pay a roofer, nor able to afford one, I rigged up a series of roofing braces, lumber and clambered up one by one until I got to the top. Surprisingly after the first couple of trips up to the top, it wasn't too bad, as long as I didn't look down too much, of course!
It wasn't the prettiest job being only the second time that I've shingled something, it it should hold and keep the roof from leaking. Another feather in my cap... next to fix up the flashing around the skylight. Don't know who put that in, but they did a butt-ugly job of it and never even covered the flashing.

No comments: