Monday, June 13, 2011

Back To NY, 2011- Part Five Fulton Co. 4/25

After Easter we came back to Fulton County taking Rte 5 mainly until we chanced across another comic book store, Ravenswood Comics in New Hartford which had a great selection of used comics and a friendly storekeeper who not only did not look down on the boys as potential vandals or shoplifters but gave them a miniature Iron Man figure each! Coming through Little Falls on Route 167 heading towards Dolgeville we pulled off at a rest stop that I've stopped at many, many times for the great view of the Mohawk River Valley!













We <3 NY!



Just outside of Dolgeville on Route 29 there is this great old barn that I remember seeing and being impressed by when I was a kid and for the great old painted on advertisement for Utica Club and their free brewery tours. I had to get a couple of quick shots in the failing daylight before I came back next year to find the sign entirely worn away or the barn fallen. Love these old signs and they're fading fast. Don't know if anyone else is documenting this stuff.







The next day we took a ride out to see my dad's grave in the Rockwood Cemetery and after nearly getting stuck in some mud at the far end we had a good visit. the boys talked with Grampie and Walter even got choked up talking about him. It brought tears to my eyes.

No comments: