Saturday, October 05, 2013

The Fort

This summer I finally finished a project that I've been meaning to get done for a couple of years, to build the boys a decent little fort. It began with miscellaneous parts from a free play set that we disassembled and brought from from one of Melissa's friends new home. Alot of the lumber I discovered (much too late...) was dry rotted and no longer useable, but there was alot that was fine and I had to do something with it. So I built them a fort from scratch, imagination and left over lumber that was just sitting around the barn along with screws and fasteners that I already had. The tree was merely a friendly support to help hold things up and with my very inexpert carpentry skills I built something fairly solid, sorta cool, very varied and even with few right angles a neat fort! Again, Walter took all but the first two photos!

































No comments: